Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Rome IV Update
Course Expiration Date: 6/30/18
If you are a member of SC AHEC this course is free with an enrollment key which you may obtain from the AHEC contact person within your organization.
If you are purchasing this course the cost is $50.00 payable through PayPal when you enroll.
Once you have the enrollment key, enter it at the bottom of the page and then click on the Enroll Me box.
Course Description: This course is designed to provide the healthcare provider with an update to the clinical guidelines for Rome IV therapy for IBS.
Instructor: Dr. Claire DeCristofaro
Target Audience: Nurses, and any other interested healthcare provider
Learning Outcomes: After completing this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the physiology of the GI tract and pathophysiology of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Compare and contrast the distinction between functional GI disorders (FGIDs) and organic GI pathologies, and recognition of alarm symptoms.
- Discuss the types of IBS as related to diagnosis and clinical evaluation and demonstrate knowledge of current clinical practice guidelines for this condition, including Rome IV.
- Describe the clinical Interventions used in tis condition, both non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic.
Length of Course: 120 minutes
Licensed Nurses: Upstate AHEC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This continuing education activity is approved for 2.0 contact hours for licensed nurses.
This participant has also earned 1.25 pharmacology hours.
Others: Upstate AHEC Credit: This educational offering provides 0.2 CEUs (2.0clock hours) by Upstate AHEC and meets SC AHEC Best Practice Standards.
Upstate AHEC's conflict of interest policy requires faculty to disclose any real or apparent commercial financial affiliations related to the content of their presentations/materials.
The speaker(s) has/have signed a vested interest form declaring no conflict of interest in educational activities.
Provisions of this educational activity by Upstate AHEC does not imply endorsement by Upstate AHEC or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
- Teacher: CLAIRE DECRISTOFARO