Course Expiration Date: 12/31/18
If you are a member of SC AHEC this course is free with an enrollment key which you may obtain from the AHEC contact person within your organization.
If you are purchasing this course the cost is $40.00 payable through PayPal when you enroll.
Once you have the enrollment key, enter it at the bottom of the page and then click on the Enroll Me box.
Course Description: This course is designed to provide the nurse with an overview of medication administration of oral, eye, ear, topical, inhaled, parenteral and intravenous medication administration.
Instructor: Jennifer C Walker RN, MSN
Target Audience: Nurses
Learning Outcomes: After completing this activity, the participant will be able to:
- verbalize what nurses need to know to safely administer medications.
- list the 6 rights of medication administration.
- list the 3 times to check a medication when administering.
- verbalize how to properly administer oral medications.
- verbalize how to properly administer topical medications.
- verbalize how to properly administer parenteral medications.
- verbalize how to properly administer intravenous medications.
Length of Course: 90 minutes
Licensed Nurses: Upstate AHEC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will receive 1.50 contact hours.
Other: This educational offering provides 0.15 CEUs (1.5 clock hour) by Upstate AHEC and meets SC AHEC Best Practice Standards.
Upstate AHEC's conflict of interest policy requires faculty to disclose any real or apparent commercial financial affiliations related to the content of their presentations/materials.
The speaker(s) has/have signed a vested interest form declaring no conflict of interest in educational activities.
Provisions of this educational activity by Upstate AHEC does not imply endorsement by Upstate AHEC or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.