Course Expiration Date: 2/28/20
If you are a member of SC AHEC this course is free with an enrollment key which you may obtain from the AHEC contact person within your organization.
If you are purchasing this course the cost is $50 payable through PayPal when you enroll.
Course Description: This program will outline therapeutic approaches to trauma and the use of solution focused brief therapy to assist patients to create a change in their lives, gain a sense of hope, gratitude and self-compassion.
Instructor: Camilla Bravo, PhD, LPC-S, Master Business and Life Coach, Founder of the Bravo Institute
Target Audience: Licensed professional counselors, social workers, and any other interested healthcare professional
Learning Outcomes: After completing this activity, the participant will be able to:
- List at least 2 myths regarding trauma.
- List at least 3 questions suggested for use in the initial session.
- List at least 3 therapeutic approaches to trauma.
- List at least 2 focuses when working to create a change.
- List at least 2 items of importance regarding hope and its relevance to SFBT.
- List at least 2 parts of seeing from different perspectives.
- List at least 2 steps of gratitude.
- List at least 2 part of self-compassion.
Length of Course: 2 hours
Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists: This program has been approved for 2.0 hours of continuing education by SC AHEC under its accreditation by the SC Board of Examiners for Licensure of Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists.
Social Work: This program has been approved for 2.0 clock hours of non-social work continuing education by Upstate AHEC, as part of the SC AHEC system, under its accreditation by the SC Board of Social Work Examiners.
Others: This program is approved for 0.2 CEUs (2.0 clock hours) by Upstate AHEC and meets the SC AHEC Best Practice Standards.
The process for enrolling in AHECU courses has changed. Please go to www.upstateahec.org and click the blue AHECU/Distance Education block to register for online courses. There is a tutorial on the web site if you need assistance with the registration process.