Lateral Violence for Nurses
Course Expiration Date: 9/30/19
If you are a member of SC AHEC this course is free with an enrollment key which you may obtain from the AHEC contact person within your organization.
If you are purchasing this course the cost is $25.00 payable through PayPal when you enroll.
Course Description: You may have heard or seen the term "lateral violence" recently...this course will not only tell you what it is but how to deal with it effectively.
Instructor: Dianne Jacobs, MSN, RN
Target audience: Licensed nurses
Length of course: 75 minutes
Learning Outcomes: After completing this course the participant will be able to
- Discuss the cause of bullying and other forms of lateral violence/disruptive behavior among nurses.
- Identify key characteristics of the four generations in today's workforce.
- Devleop an action plan for dealing constructively with lateral violence issues.
- Describe two or more strategies to break the cycle of lateral violence in the workplace.
- Practice a new skill for effectively addressing lateral violence.
Licensed Nurses: Upstate AHEC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Upon completion of this program, participants will receive 1.25 contact hours.
Upstate AHEC's conflict of interest policy requires faculty to disclose any real or apparent commercial financial affiliations related to the content of their presentations/materials.
The speaker(s) has/have signed a vested interest form declaring no conflict of interest in educational activities.
Provisions of this educational activity by Upstate AHEC does not imply endorsement by Upstate AHEC or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
The process for enrolling in AHECU courses has changed. Please go to www.upstateahec.org and click the blue AHECU/Distance Education block to register for online courses. There is a tutorial on the web site if you need assistance with the registration process.