Course Expiration Date: 3/31/19
If you are a member of SC AHEC this course is free with an enrollment key which you may obtain from the AHEC contact person within your organization.
If you are purchasing this course the cost is $25 payable through PayPal when you enroll.
Course Description: This program is designed to assist occupational therapists' in the understanding of the obesity epidemic plaguing American adults. The program outlines the OT's role in integrative therapies to treat obesity and the potential impact they may have on treating the obesity epidemic.
Instructor: Hima Dalal OTR/L
Target Audience: Occupational therapists
Education Level: Intermediate
AOTA Classification Code: Category 1 Domain of OT and Category 2 Occupational Process
Learning Outcomes: After completing this activity, the participant will be able to:
- define the obesity epidemic on population health.
- describe the role of physical and occupational therapy in treating obesity.
- identify the role of integrative therapy techniques on treating obesity.
- discuss the potential impact of integrative therapy techniques on treating obesity.
- discuss how medical complications and other risk factors can hinder progress of obesity treatment.
Instructional Methods: Asynchronous online Lecture
Length of Course: 60 minutes
Occupational Therapist: Upstate AHEC is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
This course has been assigned 0.1 AOTA CEU. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
The process for enrolling in AHECU courses has changed. Please go to www.upstateahec.org and click the blue AHECU/Distance Education block to register for online courses. There is a tutorial on the web site if you need assistance with the registration process.